SARIIE – Advanced Studies in International Relations and European Integration
The programme is addressed to university graduates under Bologna system (3 years) or to those who graduated from long term university study programs (4 years).
Form of study: full time, 2 years, 120 ECTS
For non-subsidized places from the state budget, the tuition fee is 1100 lei/ per semester.
The MA programme Advanced Studies in International Relations and European Integration provides students with the possibility to expand their knowledge and theoretical and practical skills with regard to different aspects that shape the environment in which the EU carries out its activity and states conduct the relations between them. The MA programme, therefore, focuses on the processes of European integration and the greatest economic, social, political and security challenges at international level.
The MA Programme is addressed to students who graduated from BA studies with basic knowledge about the European Union and international politics, who wish to deepen their understanding of the specific processes and evolution of the EU and the international system from a theoretical and practical perspective with the aim of consolidating their professional or academic training.
- Cognitive and Instrumental Competences
- Knowledge and understanding of specific concepts related to the international environment, the structure of International Relations, the main actors and their behavior within these relations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major geopolitical changes which took place after the Cold War, of the implications and consequences of globalization and identifying national security strategies and Romania’s role in promoting international security.
- Knowledge of the major risks and asymmetric threats to the national and international security and familiarizing with the new approach on terrorism.
- Knowledge of the functioning of the European Union, in terms of institution building and carrying out public policies, and the ability to work / act in the specific policy and institutional framework of the EU.
- Knowledge of the key-moments within the evolution of the European construction and of the theories of the European integration process, thus developing the ability to assess the current EU political processes.
- Knowledge of the genesis and development of political parties and organizations in Europe and of the structuring of the main European systems of political parties.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mechanisms of the Single European Market and the ability to assess its impact on the business environment.
- Knowledge of the international judicial phenomenon by assimilating the mechanisms and principles of developing and complying with international regulations, and by knowing the relationship between international and internal law, thus developing the ability to analyze facts of the bureaucratic and institutional environment and develop legal solutions to regulate specific cases.
- Interpersonal Competences
- The capacity to establish and develop contacts, partnerships and cooperation with individual and collective actors (public institutions, media, NGOs).
- The capacity to work in a group, to communicate and negotiate with other individuals or groups, to present ones opinions in a clear and comprehensive manner and to hold a public speech.
- The ability to initiate and maintain good working relations in a multicultural and pluralistic context, based on the principle of respecting the dignity of persons, irrespective of their ethnic, national, religious or racial origin, gender, life style or disability.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to perform tasks in stressful situations.
- Systemic and Decisional Competences
- The ability to use a technical and logical style in developing analitical papers on EU related issues.
- A critical and constructive approach in analysing contemporary debates.
- The ability to anticipate needs, problems and evolutions on the national, European and global arena.
- The ability to identify strategic issues, systemic problems and set priorities.
- The ability to make decisions within uncertain and asymmetric information environments.
- The ability to use information and communications technologies, both in the professional or research activities and in everyday life.
- Expertise, consultancy, public relations, administrative and managerial positions in the following areas:
- Institutions and agencies within international organizations (UN, EU, NATO, OSCE, Council of Europe, World Bank, IMF, WTO, etc.);
- National public institutions and government agencies (public consultation and decision-making positions);
- Transnational Corporations;
- European projects, NGOs, political parties, media.
- Research and political analysis of the international environment.
- Teaching and training (schools, universities, adult education programs, ad-hoc training programs).
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR EXAMINATION:
Admission is based on:
- Application file (see necessary documents)
- Academic essay (5-10 pages), written in English. The subject of the paper is your choice, preferably a case study within the thematic areas:
- Theory of International Relations
- European Institutions
- Integration processes in Europe and Euro-Atlantic region
- EU relations with other international organizations
- Conflicts and International Security Issues
- Theory and practice of negotiation in international relations
- Actors in the international system – Case studies
By submitting the pre-enrolment form online, DRIIE 2017 candidates are given the opportunity to benefit from:
- academic online tutoring on writing the examination essay (at the request of candidates);
- bibliographical recommendations and specialized resources in electronic form and printed output for the admission exam;
- professional guidance and counselling within the domains covered by the MA programmes offered by DRIIE;
- information about the events organized by DRIIE such as debates, conferences, roundtables, book launches, educational fairs, lectures open to the public, tutoring activities with teachers from the Department, etc.
Pre-enrolment online form for master’s programmes 2017 – 2019 is available at: http://dri.snspa.ro/admitere/preinscriere/.
TUITION FEE – 2.200 RON/year